Floyd’s Barbershop Bulletin Board & Event Calendar
The Andy Griffith Museum, featuring the late Emmett Forrest’s amazing collection of Andy Griffith artifacts, is operating on its full, normal schedule. For complete updates on operating hours and other info, visit the website at AndyGriffithMuseum.org or call (336) 786-1604.
Here are upcoming events that folks have posted on Floyd’s bulletin board:
* Sept. 29 and 30: Ronnie Schell is a special guest at the Northern National Collectors’ Convention at Caesar’s Windsor in Windsor, Ont. (“He’s makin’ for Canada!”) For more info, visit www.thenorthernnational.com.
* Oct. 28-Nov. 2: Cruise to Mayberry 16 sets sail for five days from Charleston, S.C., with ports of call at Half Moon Cay and Nassau, Bahamas, aboard Carnival’s Sunshine. The cruise’s Special Guest will be Joy Ellison (Mary Wiggins and others). “All sail with thee, Miss Mayberry!”
Also on board will be a full crew of Mayberry tribute artists, including Dixie Griffith (Andy’s daughter) as Mt. Pilot Fun Girl Skippy. For more info and to book call All About Cruises (336)538-4926.
* May 8-10, 2024: The Mayberry Retreat, hosted by Mayberry author Randy Turner. The beautiful Sauder Heritage Inn in Archbold, Ohio, is the site for the 2024 retreat. The inaugural Mayberry Retreat this year was a real treat for attendees, and another good time is planned for 2024. Randy will be presenting a talk titled “How Andy Griffith Became Andy Taylor,” which will examine Andy’s early career and the origin of “The Andy Griffith Show.”
Mayberry Days regular Tim White will be providing entertainment filled with bluegrass music and comedy (“Got time to breathe, got time for music”). The event will be a relaxing Mayberry-filled weekend. For full details, visit the event’s website at mayberrybooks.com/mayberryretreat.
* July 21: A Don Knotts 100th Birthday Celebration Event at the Royal Theater in Macon, Mo. This afternoon event, sponsored by Carousel Productions and hosted by Blood Brothers chapter of TAGSRWC, features Sean Dietrich (aka Sean of the South), musical guest Keota, and an audio-visual presentation by Randy Turner. Details TBA, but for now just mark your calendar. For more info, contact Johnna at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Sept. 24-29: 35th Annual Mayberry Days® in Mount Airy, N.C. Details TBA, but for now just mark your calendar. (Advance tickets to some portions of the weekend should go on sale soon.) For more info, visit www.mayberrydays.org.